Patients who are missing one or more teeth sometimes choose to forego tooth replacement due to expense, discomfort, or anxiety associated with smile restoration. Whatever reasons patients have to avoid tooth replacement, the Dental Designs of New England team encourages them to reconsider. By replacing missing teeth, a patient ensures they are able to maintain the optimal level of oral health. We offer a variety of options, but the only solution that restores the entire smile from the roots up is dental implant supported tooth replacement.
The Dental Implant Process
The implant process is completed in two phases: placement and restoration. The initial process is a minor surgical procedure during which a dentist makes a small incision in gum tissue, and positions one or more titanium implant posts along the jawbone to provide support for a dental restoration. Over the course of several months following the surgery, a process known as osseointegration takes place during which the implant fuses to the jaw mimicking natural root structure. After osseointegration has occurred, the implant is strong enough to fully support a replacement tooth, and we permanently attach your prosthetic during the second phase of treatment. This custom tooth replacement is crafted by our trusted dental lab to match your natural smile. We can make a single crown fitted to an implant or a partial or full denture depending on the number and position of missing teeth. We can even create a removable dental prosthetic for those who prefer to have a more traditional denture.
Benefits of Dental Implant Tooth Replacement
- Protects healthy teeth because there is no need to attach a replacement tooth to remaining healthy teeth for support
- Maintains bone density and gum tissue volume by recreating the root structure
- Provides optimal stability for any number of replacement teeth
- Implants are easily cleaned and maintained
- There’s no need to remove teeth for cleaning or sleeping
- Patients who already wear dentures may be able to refit their existing denture to connect with implant posts saving time and money
- Dental implants look, feel, and function more like natural teeth than any other tooth replacement option
- Maintain a more youthful appearance by preserving natural bone density and gum tissue volume
Contact Your Family Dentist in 03054
Contact your family dentist in 03054, Dental Designs of New England. Our team looks forward to helping patients of all ages in and around Merrimack, NH achieve their healthiest smiles.